Home About Me Recipes Image Map

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Tuna Salad-My Way

I. HATE. Mayonaisse. Like despise it more than anything. Therefore, potato salad, pasta salad, tuna salad, are all things I will never eat. I've created my own recipes for all these things without mayo and they are always a huge hit! Plus, they never have to be refridgerated at BBQ's and picnics, win win for everyone!

One of the trickiest things I encounter when going on the boat is what to pack for lunch. Sandwiches with lunch meat gets old real fast. So I turn to tuna. Here's what you'll need:

A can of tuna per person
Tbsp or so of Olive Oil
A shake of Season All
Black Olives (however many you like)
Dill Relish
Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Crackers/Rolls

Basically, you mix everything but the cheese together in a bowl. When ready to serve, put slices of cheese on either crackers or rolls and pile on the tuna! Super easy!

I got really adventurous this summer and decided to make tuna melts. Same concept, but make it like a grilled cheese! I use plain old slices of American cheese since it melts way better, butter two slices of bread and pile on the tuna salad. Flipping is slightly tricky and the tuna tends to fall out, but if you only flip once, its not too bad. And its so worth it! Such an easy lunch or weeknight meal! And the tuna part is pretty healthy too, but full of flavor and very filling.

I apologize that I don't have any pictures, I'm lazy and get super focused when I cook. Next time.

In other news, I am not a fan of valentines, but B and I never turn down an excuse to plan for a fun day! I plan to make him red pancakes with nutella and strawberries on top (I promise I'll take pictures) for breakfast. We have dinner reservations at a fancy restaurant on the water. Im getting him an 80 min. massage (which he will sleep through probably 70 min. of that) and Bentley/mama are making him a very cute craft! Pictures to come soon!

The one picture I do have for today's post, B's engagement present! A friend had pinned this idea on a group board once we got engaged and I had to have it! Plus, he deserves something after buying me a pretty expensive ring. It's not fair he doesn't get anything in return (oh right, he gets to spend forever with me!)

It's a lure that says "Hooked 1-17-14" HOW PERFECT?!

No comments :

Post a Comment