Home About Me Recipes Image Map

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Flying with Fido

Oh the anxiety...we are flying home next week for Christmas and are bringing Bentley with us. Before we got him we thought we would just board him while we went home, but now that we have him, I could never ever leave him. Talk about separation anxiety. So we booked a non-stop flight and I called the airline today to check in. They proceeded to tell me that if my destination was colder than 45 degrees, he wouldn't be able to fly! Im sorry, say what?! Where in the country besides FL is it not below 45 degrees! They then told me that if I get a note from his vet, he can fly as long as it isn't below 20 degrees. Great. Who knew flying with a pet was so risky? Like I wasn't worried enough about him spending hours in a dark scary place without us, now I have to worry about him getting on the flight at all! Praying that it all works out and our baby Bentley gets to come home with us.

In other Christmas news, I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet. Ugh. The one downfall of living in FL before Christmas. Everyone always says to just order everything online, but there is something so special to me about strolling the mall and taking your time shopping. Definitely not giving that up. Next blog post: Christmas Lists! My plans for B and my family, which are still not quite done. Also, what is a normal amount to spend on your dog? Am I ridiculous for even planning a budget for him? Probably. Oh well!

2 comments :

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! Randomly stumbled on your blog, will add it to my follow list I love finding new blogs! PS our dogs look like they could be related lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayy! So exciting getting my first comment! Do you have a wheaten?

    ReplyDelete