Home About Me Recipes Image Map

Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Little of Everything

I'm pretty sure there is nothing better on a Saturday night than watching "The Santa Clause" and drinking a snickerdoodle milkshake! (Wow, am I old!) Today, we had B's family over for a BBQ. Again, strange having a BBQ considering we are about 3 weeks away from Christmas and everyone back in MA got snow last night. Here's what was on the menu:

Chicken and Steak Kabobs
Grainy Mustard Potato Salad
Tollhouse Christmas Cookies

The kabobs were so tasty, everyone loved them. They had zuccini, squash, red and green peppers, tomatoes and onions. I marinated the steak in the "best ever marinade," according to Pinterest (and I must agree). The potato salad is a recipe from a friend back in MA. I absolutely HATE mayo, like wont even touch the bottle type of hate, so I don't usually eat potato salad, but this one uses mustard instead, it was a huge hit! This is also coming from some seriously tough critics too, so I know it was good. Had to throw in the cookies for some sort of festiveness, and they happened to catch my eye as I was strolling through Target today. Which brings me to the milkshake. They have this snickerdoodle milk at Target, which by itself is very tasty, but throw it in a blender with some vanilla ice cream, christmas in a cup, FL style!

Tomorrow we are going shopping at one of my favorite places, Coconut Point, which is also very dog friendly, so Bentley gets to experience his first shopping trip with mama. Love these days with B and Bentley :)

We did a mini photo shoot with Bentley at the beach yesterday. Here's how that turned out.


                                                                        Our little family
                                                                       Oh my, I melt.
                                                                    "I'm comin' mama!"

No comments :

Post a Comment