Home About Me Recipes Image Map

Monday, January 20, 2014

Big News!!

B and I have been dating for over 5 and half years, and on Friday night he finally PROPOSED!

The ring is the most stunning piece of jewelry I have ever seen. B and I have never talked about rings (or our wedding), so he picked it out all on his own. He actually designed it on his own. Pictures do not do justice, but on one side (sort of underneath the ring itself-confusing I know!) is my birthstone and the other side is his. It is just so creative and personal. I was so shocked that he thought of something so creative!


The Proposal: We decided to go to P.F. Chang's for dinner on Friday night. We put our name in for a table, which had an hour long wait. So I went to wait outside and he went to the bathroom. While he was in the "bathroom" he grabbed a few fortune cookies, cracked one open, and switched out the fortune with one he had typed that said "Will you marry me??" He also brought superglue with him so he could glue the package back together (the thought process that went into it is impressive). We go through all of dinner (where I didn't suspect a THING!) and then the cookies come and there is one that has a chip in it. I told B I would take it home for Bentley. (You idiot! Way to make him nervous!) He instantly says that Bentley would like a whole one, so I should just eat the broken one. So I crack it open, pull out the fortune and start sobbing, like hard core, no one should see this kind of cry except your mom, sobbing! He is already on his knee pulling a ring out of his pocket and I just keep on sobbing. I said yes! and he gets up and everyone is clapping and saying to pose for a picture.

The manger brought us champagne and strawberries and our waitress came over and told us our meal was on her! I felt so loved and special. I hope I never, ever forget that feeling. I have played the scenario of getting engaged in my head about 44,501 times and never once did I imagine how great the feeling would be! After dating for over 5 years, I truly thought I would know when the ring was coming, but he took me by such surprise! We could not be happier and are excited to start this wedding planning journey!

I plan to use my blog to post my ideas and thoughts about the wedding plans, especially because after only 48 hours of being engaged I am so overwhelmed!


No comments :

Post a Comment