Home About Me Recipes Image Map

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My First Wedding Post


I've been anxiously awaiting this post for about...forever, so here it goes!

When we first got engaged, I instantly thought I would want to start planning, but we were just living on cloud 9 for days. I've finally sat down and started a budget (YIKES!) and got some initial ideas through Pinterest. Who are we kidding? It's not initial thoughts, its thoughts I've had for years. Here's what we know so far:


  • We want a Fall 2015 wedding, hopefully October 17th.
  • Colors will be black and white with an accent color of either purple or gold. I'm leaning more towards gold and have a pretty solid idea of what I want for centerpieces. I was always so torn about centerpieces, but after doing some research on how expensive florists are, I decided I didn't want flowers, so pumpkins and candles it is! That set my theme too. White pumpkins, gold accents and black. 
 
 I want our centerpieces to be something like this, but with white pumpkins, gold branches, and lots of candles around it.
  • I have my bridal party figured out, not sure if B does yet. 
  • We are really shooting for a wedding under our tents. I love that I have a totally clean (and white) pallet to work with. I initially thought it would also save us money, but after looking for places to set up a tent and pricing out catering and alcohol, I'm wondering if it'll save any money at all. 
  • Food is at the top of our priority list for what's important. Hence why I'm not keen on having our wedding at a venue like a banquet hall or hotel. 
  • There will be donuts.
  • The bridesmaids dresses will be long and black.

I am itching to start dress shopping, but am using my better judgement to start so early. My taste in dresses changes by the day lately.  My mind wanders and one second I'm looking at venues and I get distracted and find myself looking at bridesmaids dresses. I need to organize and learn to focus. I plan to write out pros and cons of venue vs. tent soon (more to convince myself into a decision than anything else).

No comments :

Post a Comment