Home About Me Recipes Image Map

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Weekly Menu

B's parents are coming to stay with us for the next two weeks or so, so instead of cooking for two, I'll be cooking for four. This week isn't too tricky, they like pretty much anything I make and cooking for four isn't much different than two (I think it's easier, since most recipes are geared towards families of four anyways). Here's what I have planned:

  • Saturday: French Bread Pizza
  • Sunday: Country Herb Chicken and Dumplings
  • Monday: Burgers and Fries
  • Tuesday: Out
  • Wednesday: Steak, Pasta, veggie
On Thursday, we have 4 more people coming to stay with us (friends/family of B) and then the following Saturday, 2 more people (brothers of B). That's why my menu stops on Wednesday. More people, totally different approach to the meal planning! I'll post that meal plan next week!

Once I have meals planned, I look up the recipes and make a list of everything I need. This way, when I walk into the grocery store, I'm not just throwing Oreo's and cheese into my cart. 

Most of my inspiration comes from Pinterest. Usually I just look though for ideas and inspiration. I also keep a pad of paper in the kitchen so as I cook, I can write down things I notice we need as I go, instead of trying to remember everything when it comes time to go to the store. I also almost never stick to this exact schedule, where we eat pizza saturday, chicken sunday, etc. If I dont feel like pizza come Saturday afternoon, I'll make something else from the list.

No comments :

Post a Comment