Home About Me Recipes Image Map

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pulled Pork Chili

B and I went to a truck pull in the fall and had the most amazing chili of our lives at this little stand there. It had pulled pork in it, which would be my last meal if I ever had one, so I was all over this chili. I had to recreate it. As my first recipe on the blog, I figured it needed to be something epic. Its the recipe that gets the most compliments and it won first place out of about 20 other chili recipes in a cookoff!

Ingredients:
1lb of ground beef 
1 tub of pulled pork (its in a red tub, in the freezer/fridge section where the mashed potatoes are. Homemade pulled pork would be better im sure, but I havent mastered that recipe yet)
1 Chili Seasoning packet 
1 small can of diced jalepenos or green chilis 
1 small can of tomato paste 
1 small can of baked beans 
1 can of black beans
1 can of cannelloni beans 
1 TBSP of onion powder
1 TBSP of Season All
 
Directions:
1. Brown ground meat in large pot. 
2. Add everything else to the pan (drain and rinse the black and cannelloni beans). 
3. Let cook for however long you want, I recommend at least an hour so everything can mix together. You might need to add some water or chicken broth to thin it out as it cooks so its not too thick. 
 4. Serve with cheddar cheese and sour cream. I've also been eating mine with fritos instead of a spoon. Dont judge.

Some things I should note: I have a weird thing about textures, which is why I dont cook with onions, only onion powder. Real onions would be just as good in this recipe. I also hate tomatoes, but a can of diced tomatoes would also be excellent. Also, the baked beans seem a bit weird, but the sweetness goes so well with the pulled pork. The glory of chili is that you can put anything you like in it, its so versatile! The pulled pork though is crucial, so I highly recommend leaving that in. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment